Your skin plays such an important role in your overall health, and yet, so many people tend to ignore it the most. Just wearing sunscreen on a daily basis, or even buying moisturizer that has sunscreen in it, can make a world of difference. But, so many of us choose to ignore it. Freckles, beauty marks, sunspots. There are so many different names, but they all show the same result; skin damage.
It’s so easy to avoid skin damage, but it does come at a cost. It is most likely due to the high cost of skin care products that many of us avoid using them all together. This goes for not only caring for our skin in the sun, but just general, basic skin care that can help with wrinkles, dry skin, etc. If you can, find these important products at local retail stores that offer then for less than those expensive department stores.
1. Use sunscreen. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 15.
2. Seek shade. Avoid the sun between 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., when the sun's rays are strongest.
3. Wear protective clothing. Cover your skin with tightly woven long-sleeved shirts, long pants and wide-brimmed hats.
4. Don’t smoke. This causes wrinkles around your mouth.
5. Moisturize. From your head to your toes! This can get pricey, so always be sure to check out specials and deals nearby.
If we, as consumers, just take the time to do the right research on how to care for our skin without the ridiculous cost, we would see a huge difference. There are so many ways to make sure your skin remains as close to that baby soft skin we are all so blessed to start with. Take precautions as to what you put on your body, as well as what you put in it.